Are you an SME in Sedgemoor who could benefit from a business grant? Round 2 of Sedgemoor District Council’s new small business grant fund will open in January, grants of up to £5,000 will be available.
Businesses can use the grant towards any of the following:
- Retain and employ new staff
- Invest in new facilities, equipment and processes
- Carry out innovative R&D
- Diversify into new markets
- Undertake marketing initiatives
To be eligible for a SME grant you must meet the below criteria:
- Headquarters located in Sedgemoor
- Must be an independent business
- Employ less than 200 people
- Business has been operating for more than one year
- Provide 3 quotes for purchases, unless purchasing a specialist product or service
- Must provide a full years accounts
The programme will seek to prioritise funding for those small/medium businesses with the potential for growth, but in need of additional help to move forward. The grant cannot be used to supplement a loss of income.
Only one application per business will be accepted.
Grants of up to £5,000 will be available in three funding rounds for businesses in Sedgemoor who have been operating for more than one year. This will be a competitive process, businesses will need to complete an application form, which will be administered by the Economic Development team, and the grants award sub-committee will take a decision.
The next round for applications is 1 January – 9 February
To apply visit…