Why you should attend
This special event is aimed at business owners, professionals and senior executives seeking to understand the recent changes to Inheritance Tax and Pensions and how best to benefit from the new rules. You will hear presentations from a panel of experts including a Chartered Tax Adviser, a Chartered Wealth Manager, an Estate Planning Solicitor and our special celebrity guest speaker, BBC financial pundit and Co-Founder of Seven Investment Management, Justin Urquhart-Stewart.
What will you learn?
You should leave the event with a good basic understanding of the following:
• How Inheritance Tax works, when is it payable and by whom
• The new Main Residence Nil Rate Band
• Transferable Nil Rate Bands
• Transferable Tax Wrappers (including ISAs and new generational Pension funds)
• Pension Freedoms, Functionality & Death Benefit Nominations
• Lifetime Gift Exemptions
• Potentially Exempt and Chargeable Lifetime Transfers
• Holdover & Business Property Relief (what are IHT Exempt Assets?)
• How to use life cover to fund Inheritance Tax
• Powers of Attorney & Letters of Wishes
Batch Country House, Lympsham, Nr. Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, BS24 0EX
09.30 Registration & Coffee – Somerset Suite
10.00 Welcome & Introduction – Andrew Brown
10.10 Essential Estate Planning – Edward Porter
10.30 Inheritance Tax – Sheldon Cole
10.50 Pensions & Inheritance Tax – Andrew Brown
11.25 Key Note Speaker – Justin Urquhart-Stewart
12.25 Ask the Experts – Answers from the Panel
12.35 Luncheon & Networking – Garden Room
13.35 Event Closes
How to attend the seminar
If you would like to join us on 11th October please contact Olivia Burls on 01392 288555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th September. Please feel free to bring with you your spouse/partner, business colleagues or friends.
Attendees will be entered into a luxury hamper draw.