Mel joined Bridgwater Chamber in 2023 to design and create the Bridgwater InBusiness Chamber magazine. Mel helps and advises the Chamber with any design related projects as well as assisting in matters that create a positive impact on the Chamber and its members.
Mel is the Director of Design Hive Ltd, co-founder of Not Monkeys Recruitment and also works as a business consultant for Somerset Business Consultants and Somerset Council. With over 20 years of experience in branding, graphic design, website design and building a multi-award-winning business, Mel has the business knowledge required to help assist the Chamber and its members.
Mel is driven by helping people and businesses achieve their short and long-term goals and is a member of the Business Mentoring Institute of Leadership & Management.
Her expertise includes:
- Coaching for Leadership & Success
- Business development
- Finance Performance
- Graphic Design, Branding & Website Development
- Project Management
- Account Management
Some fun facts!
1. What’s your favourite film?
Dirty Dancing & The Holiday
2. What’s your favourite place?
Spain, I’ve not travelled much, but you can’t beat the sun by day and how the place comes to life by night
3. What’s your proudest moment to date?
Achieving beyond what I had dreamt and owning an award-winning business
4. What’s your favourite hobby and why?
Street dance, badminton and ‘free style’ dancing with my girls, lol
5. What’s the best car you’ve ever owned?
Mercedes AMG A Class
6. What’s your favourite subject at school and why?
Graphic design at college, obs! The beginning of the rest of my life
7. What’s the most valuable advice anyone’s ever given you?
The rest of your life is a long road, don’t live it with regrets or let opportunities slip by
8. What’s your favourite season of the year and why?
Love the summer. I should have been born a lizard living in Spain sunbathing whilst stuck to the side of an old stone wall overlooking a beautiful Spanish view