November 14, 2019
The newly-formed Bridgwater-based Quantock Education Trust has held its first conference... Read More
15th and 16th January 2020
Clarke Willmott, Blackbrook Gate, Blackbrook Park Avenue , Taunton TA1 2PG
This two day course qualifies you to be a Workplace Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
• An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support.
What to expect:
We limit numbers to a minimum of 8 people and a maximum of 16 people per course so that you can feel safe and supported while you learn.
You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the two days you’ll get a certificate to say you are a Mental Health First Aider. This can take up to 2 weeks to arrive.
Learning takes place across four manageable sessions. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
If you are a SME / Sole-trader in Sedgemoor you are eligible for £50 off the price. If you are a client of Clarke Willmott you are eligible for 15% off the price.