On Monday 13 July the Council’s Corporate Scrutiny Committee reviewed the decision by the Executive to dispose of land at Lakeside, Isleport, Highbridge to Coln Residential, following the decision being called in.
At the scrutiny meeting members of the public were able to raise their concerns to the Committee and after consideration the Corporate Scrutiny Committee supported that the Executive should be asked to reconsider their decision on the following grounds:
The reasons provided for the call-in are:
- The decision to sell this land acquired for Public Open Space and the failure to bring forward any such use over 20 years.
- The decision to sell green space in the Highbridge area which is deficient in this locality.
- The threat to the biodiversity of this site during a climate change crisis.
- The allocation of the S106 monies towards this site being transferred to the developer.
- The desirability of keeping open space for the health and wellbeing of local residents.
- Was sufficient weight given to the public consultation in making this decision?
The Executive will hold a virtual meeting on Wednesday 22 July 2020, via Skype for Business, to deal with the Corporate Scrutiny Committee’s six points.
The public and press are welcome to listen in to the meeting. They can also speak at the meeting in line with the normal requirements for council meetings, which permits one person to speak in support and one against any item of business on the agenda. This is limited to 3 minutes per speaker. If you wish to register to speak at the meeting please contact Democratic Services to register. The public and press will be able to listen to the meeting, but you will need to pre-register with the Democratic Services Team and provide a telephone number so they can invite you to join the virtual meeting. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 303 7800
All public meetings will be recorded and the recording of the meeting will be available to view via the Council’s website or on the Council’s YouTube Channel, normally within 2 days of the meeting