Are you an SME in Sedgemoor who could benefit from a business grant? The next round of Sedgemoor District Council’s small business grant fund is now open until Friday 27 July 2018, grants of up to £5,000 are available to businesses who meet the criteria.
This will be a competitive process, businesses will need to complete an application form, which will be administered by the Economic Development team, and the grants award sub-committee will take a decision. The committee may decide to only part award grants. The grants award sub-committee will take place on Tuesday 11 September 2018.
To be eligible for a SME grant you must meet the below criteria:
- Add value to the Sedgemoor economy (create higher value jobs, salary values of the new jobs, apprenticeship opportunities, upskilling staff, increase productivity, use of local suppliers)
- Align with the objectives and actions of the Economic Development Strategy, including our priority sectors (e.g. advanced engineering, logistics & distribution, agritech, food & drink, tourism, creative & digital, energy, manufacturing and environmental technologies) and potential growth sectors.
- Headquarters located in Sedgemoor
- Must be an independent business, employing less than 200 people
- Business has been operating for more than one year
- Provide 3 quotes for purchases, unless purchasing a specialist product or service
- Must provide a full years accounts
- Providing match funding will be looked upon favourably
The grant cannot be used to supplement a loss of income or to pay any staff member’s salary. Only one grant is available per business.
Businesses can use the grant towards any of the following:
- Recruitment costs and training of staff
- Invest in new facilities, equipment and processes
- Carry out innovative R&D
- Diversify into new markets
- Undertake marketing initiatives
To find out more, download an application form and for further deatils visit here